Shop 24/7 In Your Jammies!
Friends don't let Friends buy Hallmark!

Monday, March 15, 2010

Paper Flowers





Lately, I have really been into making paper flowers. The nice thing about paper flowers is you can coordinate them to your page or project and they are cheaper than purchasing embellishments. Paper-piecing is increasing in popularity because of its versatility. There are many ways to create paper flowers but this is how I did this one. First, I punched out a scallop circle and then cut slits in each of the indents. I then cut out two circles, one smaller than the the other. I crinkled the paper and then roughed up the edges by distressing them. I glued everything together and tied it off with a nice embellished button! What a nice, simple way to create an embellishment! I showed a few cards where I used these flowers.


No comments:

Post a Comment