Shop 24/7 In Your Jammies!
Friends don't let Friends buy Hallmark!

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Toilet Paper Roll Mini Album



Toilet Paper Roll Mini Album








You are never going to believe what my project is made out of today... TOILET PAPER ROLLS! Yes, nothing like recycling those lovely rolls on a project handmade from the heart! So basically the project today is going to be mostly self explanatory but inspirational! I only used 4 rolls because honestly, I didn't place them under anything so they wouldn't flatten out like I was hoping. This would be easy for you though, you would just need to set them under some books or a case of soda for a few days, then they would flatten right up for ya! I like to start out by making my distressed paper flowers first. I made more than I needed. I am not using any pictures in this album, but rather definitions. On the front of my album, I will put "Definitions of You" but I need to actually type and print that out.  I just measured out my rolls and cut the paper 1/8 of an inch less than that. Then, I decorated each roll with flowers and Close To My Heart Patterned Paper.  I used CTMH NEW Circle Maker to make the tabs on each roll, and cut a piece of brown cardstock to fit inside to hide each definition. The stamp set I used is State Of Mind {D1416}

You can order

Paper:
Other {Retired}

Stamp Set:

Flowers:

Circle Maker:

You can order Online 24/7, even in your jammies!

Ashley Horton
Close to My Heart Consultant
http://tahorton.myctmh.com
tahorton@myctmh.com

2 comments:

  1. What a brilliant, fun idea!!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute idea. I wonder if ironing the rolls would help to flatten them. I did that with paper bags before I made a mostly You Rock paper bag album because some of the bags were crinkled...worked well. You can check it out on my blog at joannescrapbooking.blogspot.com
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete